The wife of televangelist Benny Hinn has filed for divorce from the high-profile pastor, whose reputation as an advocate of prosperity gospel has attracted millions of followers and criticism from lawmakers and watchdog groups over his lavish lifestyle.Although divorce is a painful and private matter, in the same spirit I get from reading Benny’s website where he hawks Bibles for $250, sells Jordan River Water from “the actual place on the Jordan River where our precious Lord Jesus was baptized” and reminds people “to plant a seed-gift into the fertile soil of this ministry!” that I speculate on what went wrong with his marriage.
Suzanne Hinn filed the papers in Orange County Superior Court on Feb. 1, citing irreconcilable differences, after more than 30 years of marriage. The papers note the two separated on Jan. 26 and that Hinn has been living in Dana Point, a wealthy coastal community insouthern Orange County.
- AP News
Top 5 Reasons Benny Hinn’s wife is filing for Divorce
- She was tired of Benny blowing on all those women.
- She was embarrassed by him wearing white after Labor Day.
- She was done with him practicing his methods of pushing people over on her between crusades.
- She was afraid he’d find out she produced the YouTube hit, Let the Bodies Hit the Floor.
- Although Benny publically claimed his marriage was healthy, she never found any real proof to those claims.